1) The Wellcome Trust, UK, Travel Grant (in the Ph.D. and post-doctoral category; £1000) to travel to Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) 2002.
2) Anglia Polytechnic University Travel Grant (£1000) to travel to American Academy of Optometry (AAO) 2002.
3) Student Travel fellowship award ($500), from AAO 2003.
4) Grawemeyer Research Fellowship from University of Louisville ($ 750) to travel to ARVO 2004
5) Student Travel fellowship award ($500), from AAO 2004
6) Grawemeyer Research Fellowship from University of Louisville ($ 750) to travel to ARVO 2005
1) Best poster, World Optometry Day, Elite School of Optometry (1996)
2) Best scientific paper award, Indian Contact Lens Conference (1998)
3) Best contact lens project award, Elite School of Optometry (1999)
4) Award for proficiency in public relations and communication Elite School of Optometry, (1999)
5) Award from the Governor Ernie Fletcher of Commonwealth of Kentucky for service to Kentucky Optometric Association and overall benefit to the state of Kentucky (2007)
6) WITELO Medal from University of Medical Science, Poznan, Poland in recognition of help for the Optometry Development in Poland (2011)
7) Awarded honorary membership to COMOF Optometric Extension Program national optometry organization Mexico in recognition of continued efforts for the progress and development of Optometry in Mexico (2013)
8) Excellence in Optometric Education Award 2015, Awarded by California Optometric Association (2016)
9) Provost’s Distinguished Scholar Award this award is given to one faculty member in the entire university for research and grant accomplishments (2016)
10) Young Optometrist of the Year Award 2016, Awarded by California Optometric Association (2017)
11) Young Optometrist of the Year California Nominee to American Optometric Association (2017)
Systems, methods, and computer-readable media for detecting and predicting a progression of retinal pathologies US 20130114041 A1 Patent Application Serial No. 61/234,803 Ref. 304044.84705P
Status: Awarded 2013 Inventors Drs. Khan Iftekahruddin, Paul Kim, Pinakin Davey
Zeaxanthin and Neuroprotection U.S. Provisional Application No. 62/642,888; Our Reference: 029.0056-PR00 Filed but not pursued by University
Status: Under review Inventors Drs. Pinakin G Davey and Donald J Cameron